Writer, producer, director Brian Boden brings more than 35 years of professional expertise to his work in writing and media production. He has built a reputation within the video/film industry for continuously pioneering fresh ideas and finely tuned images in a variety of media formats.
By representing key messages to target audiences in surprising ways, Boden’s work has created a meaningful impact for a diverse range of corporations, ad agencies, PR and design firms, educational institutes and non-profit organizations. His meticulous attention to detail…sensitivity to client needs…and ability to oversee all aspects of a project are just a few of the reasons BodenWorks continues to nurture repeat business and client referrals.
Boden is a 1980 graduate of Indiana University in Bloomington, Indiana where he earned a Bachelor of Science in Business. His specialty studies focused on marketing, advertising, radio and television production, acting and journalism.
- (1980 - 81) Boden worked as a copywriter and account executive for Marcello Advertising in Sarasota, FL where he landed and managed the Yamaha Gulf Coast dealer account.
- (1981 - 84) Boden’s writing, direction and on-camera talents were greatly valued at Western Geophysical Company, a global oil exploration firm in Houston, Texas.
- (1984 - 87) Boden pioneered a freelance writing business called “The Write Stuff" in Houston, Texas. From print copy to screenwriting, he honed his skills in crafting communications for clients, such as: Baylor College of Medicine, Girl Scouts of America, Happy Time Ukulele, Kroger Foods, the National Wheelchair Olympics, and Phil Hansen’s Swimming Academy.
- (1987 - 90) Boden relocated to Chicago, Illinois in 1987 where he balanced freelance writing with appearances in commercials, print ads and industrial videos as a professional actor/model.
- (1990 - Present) BodenWorks, LTD.
- Lifetime alumni of Indiana University, Sigma Alpha Epsilon (SAE) fraternity and Delta Sigma Pi business fraternity.
- Member of Media Communications Association International (MCAI)
- Member of Screen Actors Guild (SAG-AFTRA).
- Acting treasurer and board member for the Stuart on Magnolia Condo Association.
- Acting treasurer and board member for The Hermitage of Ravenswood Condo Association.
Since 1997, Boden has served as president and owner of Chicago’s leading non-union talent agency, Talent Group, Inc.
Born and raised in Greenfield, Indiana, Boden learned the importance of family values, responsiblity, and dedication to a strong work ethic. An entrepreneurial spirit and a celebration for all of life's experiences have shaped the way he lives his life and runs his business today.
Some of the part-time gigs that helped influence Boden’s character include stints as: a hamburger flipper, a pizza tosser, a hospital housekeeper, a lawn care guy, a resort lifeguard and water safety instructor, a Rent-a-Prep bartender, a housesitter, a gas station attendant, a restaurant and catering server, a catalog model, a runway choreographer, a set dresser, a photo stylist, a disco dance instructor, a camera demonstrator, a literary journal business manager, a market researcher, and a cable TV show host.
In his pastime, Boden enjoys running, playing guitar, traveling, spending time with family and friends, and caring for his beloved rescue Pekes, Chloe & Spencer (a/k/a the office mascots)!